Please sign in to post.

Paris hotel

Looking for well located small hotel in Paris for under $400 a night.

Posted by
250 posts

How about Hotel de Lutece on Ile St. Louis? Couldn't be more centrally located - arguably the most desirable location in Paris. Beautiful boutique hotel for around 200 euro per night.

Posted by
3250 posts

I agree with Dale that Hotel de Lutece on Ile St. Louis
would be a nice hotel in a perfect location--that would be my first choice!

Another one also on Ile St. Louis is Hotel du Jeu de Paume.

Posted by
59 posts

We just stayed at Grand Hotel Leveque last week and while the location was excellent (it's on a very cute street and walking distance to the Eiffel tower), the room was dirty and super small. It seemed very run down and I would look for something else.

Posted by
11507 posts

Thats a huge budget,,, so there are tons of hotels in that range,, and would be considered "well located"

I will suggest:

Hotel Le Regent,, the deluxe rooms, ( the standards are too small).. perfect area ,, in the 6th on Rue Dauphine.

Hotel De la Place du Louvre, my new favorite,, on a quiet street, but steps from the river, ( so you can just walk across bridge to busy and noiser Latin Quarter) and Louvre,, metro steps away too.

Hotel Des Grand Hommes, right across from the Pantheon. Cute rooms, small , but well decorated, and the view rooms look right out at the Pantheon.

Hotel Brighton,( on Rue Du Rivoli, right across from Tuilleries and Louvre) , if you get a Tuilleries View room here,, you will be amazed to see not only the Tuilleries Gardens, but the Louvre and the Eiffel Tower,, rooms are decent size for Paris too. Try to get a deal though,, as rooms can be expensive.

Finnally, haven't stayed here, out of my budget rangem, but excellant location in a quiet section of the 6th, steps from river,, and all reviews seem to glow about it, the Hotel D'Aubusson.

There are about a hnudred other great places you can stay at too,, its going to be fun sifting through all the choices,, lucky you!

Posted by
277 posts

I stayed at the Hotel Nepoleon Half a block from the Champs and Arc. Great hotel, great location. Family owned since 1924 Old Paris charm. J. BAKER, E. FLYNN. AND O. WELLS stayed there in their hey day. 4 * . Check their web site for specifics.

Posted by
32219 posts

ron,

You also might have a look at the www.duquesneeiffel-paris-hotel.com/ as this should fit the budget amount you specified. It's also in the Rue Cler area, although a different part than the Grand Hotel Leveque.

You could also have a look at www.hotelparismuguet.com/ as it should also be within your price range.

One comment on the Grand Hotel Leveque. I've stayed there twice on past trips to Paris and although the rooms are not luxurious, I found them to be clean and very comfortable and the staff are great! Rue Cler has a good selection of restaurants and easy Metro access via the Ecole Militaire station.

Happy travels!

Posted by
9422 posts

I totally agree with Dale and Sharon re: Hotel de Lutece.
It's my absolute favorite hotel, in the absolute best location in all of Paris.

Posted by
23 posts

We stayed at Hotel Familia, 2 stars, and they have a 3 star right next door. In Latin Quarter on Rue Escoles, if I remember correctly. Great pattiserie across the street. Could see Notre Dame from our balcony.

Posted by
3 posts

Ron-If you are staying more than 3 days stay in an apartment! With your budget-you can stay in a luxury apartment.
Try www.vacationinparis.com
We have used them twice and had a terrific experience.