Please sign in to post.

Paris Disney

My husband, teenager and I will have 4 days in Paris in late May. I'm a Disney freak and wonder if any of you have seen Paris Disney, and whether we should take one of our few days to spend there. I would be going for the different experience of the European flavor, and don't want to enter Orlando when we go through the gate. Can anyone help? Thanks! Dawn

Posted by
331 posts

Don't do it !!
Paris is So Amazing in itself, I think it would be such a shame to take one of your 4 days to go to Disney. If really must go to a theme park, then go to one with real European flavour. Why not try Parc Asterix its about 20 miles north of Paris?

Posted by
9109 posts

If you're a self-confessed Disney freak then a visit is a must. There are a lot of similarities to the parks in Orlando and California, but there are also some unique attractions as well. Most Disney fans consider the DL Paris park to be the most beautiful of the bunch. Cinderella's castle is stunning. Be aware there are two parks with separate admission: Disneyland, and the Movie Studios park.
In fact I just returned two weeks ago from the Harbin China Disney Ice Festival:

Posted by
12040 posts

"I'm a Disney freak" In that case, I doubt Disneyland Paris will disappoint you. As others have noted, it is similar to the other Disney parks, but offers different variations on familiar themes.

BTW, except for the Jules Vern-ish Tomorrowland, and the presence of the French language, there isn't much that's any more "European" about this park than Disney's other parks.

Posted by
694 posts

Hi Dawn, we we're in Paris Disney in august 2006 with our 10 year old son at the time. I will be honest, i would not go again, we have been to Orlando Disney 3 times, and for us it is the best Disney experience. Going to Paris Disney, is pretty much the same as Magic Kingdom, except a few different things, the castle is not the same, the lay out is a bit different too, but the rest is almost identical. Not a lot of good rides for a teenager, and for us in the summer the line up were very long. I would rather spend the day in Paris.

Posted by
40 posts

Hi Dawn

my 9 year old son and I we were at Disney Paris in September, but we had a total of 10 days in Paris. I loved Disney Paris it was great fun, however, if I had only 4 days in Paris I wouldn't have gone to Disney. Hope that helps

Posted by
9109 posts

If your looking for rides and attractions that are geared to older kids and adults then the Disney Movie Studios park is gonna be more appropriate. The studio park has high-adrenalin rides and attractions like the Tower of Terror, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, and the Car Stunt show. In rainy weather the Studio park would be a better choice as well, as most everything is indoors.

Posted by
2774 posts

I am a Disney fan.

However, if this is your first trip to Paris.... SKIP IT!

It's very much like Orlando, but I will admit the attention to the detail on the castle and buildings is beautiful.

I have gone twice, but I have been to Paris about five times often for up to a week. For 4 days..... it's not that different. Everything's in English and sadly the food was HORRID! (how can they have horrible food in France?)

Posted by
22 posts

I went to Paris Disneyland last summer, on one of the hottest days of the year. I am a Disney nut, and I was very underwhelmed with the park. If you are a Disney park fan, you should probably go for the experience. However, I doubt I would return. I found the park to have a distinct "amusement park" flavor instead of the carefully cultivated "theme park" atmosphere the two US parks offer. It was neat to see their Pirates of the Caribbean, which had an amazing queue area. There were a ton of rowdy teenagers who yelled throughout almost every ride. Not saying this doesn't happen in US parks, but it was really grating and gave it a very Six Flags atmosphere.

Posted by
1 posts

I am a disney freak too. I was there last week with my seven year old daughter and my thirteen year old nephew. It definitely has its own European flavor, and is worth a day if you love disney. The RER train from Paris makes it a simple trip from downtown Paris. The main park at Disneyland Paris is very much like Disneyland in California, with a better space mountain and big thunder mountain. You can cover it in a day with no problem. The other park is basically a scaled down mgm/disneyland studios.

Posted by
26 posts

I'm a Disney freak too... I had 3 days last summer & had to make a stop at Disneyland Paris.

My grandmother and I loved it; there are a few rides that are completely different, and the castle is by far the prettiest of all of them!

If nothing else, it's a great experience! ;) Have fun!