Please sign in to post.

Paris apartment rental

I am currently researching Paris apartment rental sites. Can anyone comment on Housetrip.com or AIRBNB.com?

Posted by
34 posts

From: VIP Availability <avail@VacationInParis.com> has been fabulous. They're based in the US, which I find makes things much easier. I got an air condition two bed apartment for hundred40 a night in the second.

Posted by
9420 posts

We used ParisAttitude.com to rent two apts and were very happy with them. Also try ParisBestLodge.com.

Posted by
35 posts

We just rented an apartment in Paris (1st Arrd.) for mid-Sept to mid-Oct. Used VRBO and, thus far, have been impressed by the owner. I will post a review after we get back from our trip.

Posted by
54 posts

Try airbnb.com. Tons of amazing options. We are looking or rent an apartment for four days in Paris.

Posted by
10 posts

We rented a small apartment on Rue St Dominique in the Rue Cler/ Eiffel Tour area from "Hotel Muguet"; one of Rick's recommended hotels in the Rue Cler neighborhood. Very reasonable prices.

Posted by
11507 posts

Trouble with some sites like VRBO and AirNUb is that you are always going to have different owners of the apartments to deal with , so someone can use VRBO and have a great experience and someone else may rent another place with VRBO and have a not so great one. I think doing a lot of double checking and cross checking reviews is important. I can recommend Parisbestlodge.. had a great experience, no hidden fees, no huge deposit paid up front, loved apartment, it was exactly as pictured too.

Posted by
931 posts

Ditto Pat! Use due diligence when renting! Only rent from places that have good reviews. Get the exact location, and then use Google Street View to check to see if there is an all nite bar next door, etc. Make sure that you understand exactly what floor it is on, and if there is an elevator. Ensure that there is a local contact. VRBO has had problems with people spoofing the email of the "rentee", and then running off with your money. This could happen on any rental site, too. Follow their instructions,(and call the owner to verify) or use your credit card, and all will be well. You can find tremendous values on AirBNB. We found our Paris apt on Homelidays, and it was a "steal". Don't forget; if you are close to a Metro station, you are close to everything. There are many rental agencies that rep apts in Paris. We usually use VRBO, but have found other apts on other sites. Just use care when renting, and all will be well.

Posted by
130 posts

I recommend Parisforrent.com. Professional agent, highly responsive, no hidden fees, responsive local represntative, lovely apartment.