Please sign in to post.

Paris - Airports

We are travelling to Paris and will be leaving on January 4 to return to Seattle out of Charles De Gaulle. I am trying to get my son a ticket out of Paris the same day only he is returning to school in Ferrara. He can fly into Venice on Ryan AIr but that flight leaves out of BVA-does anybody know anything about that airport? (or ryan air?)
thank you !

Posted by
11507 posts

Don't know much but do know that airport is the farthest one out from Paris.Many of the discount type airlines use the smaller or further out airports. Ryanair is such an airline. Make sure son keeps his luggage under the weight limits as those airlines make their money charging high over weight fees.

Posted by
190 posts

I flew in and out of BVA this summer with Ryanair. Just make sure that you reserve the bus from their website. It coordinates with Ryanair's flights. I have flown Ryanair a bunch of times with no problem. They do have pretty restrictive luggage limitations, though. Even though I always have one carry-on only, I always have to check it in luggage with Ryanair. Prepay on line when you make reservations - saves you a bit.

Posted by
3313 posts

Sharon - I lack firsthand knowledge as well but suggest that you search both for Beauvais and Ryan Air here and also on the Lonely Planet. There's been lots of discussions about using Ryan Air from Paris.

From previous discussions I understand that Ryan Air runs a shuttle from Porte Maillot which is near the Arc de Triomphe. The shuttles are supposed to be timed with the flights but the trip to the airport is some distance.

Posted by
11507 posts

Hi again, well I found the airport website. Click on the little British flag at lefthand side of page to convert to english.
Beauvais is over an hour outside of Paris and there is a shuttle, make sure son leaves well in advance of flight time.

Try - http://www.aeroportbeauvais.com

Hope that helps. If not let me know, there is site with more info available.

Posted by
8700 posts

As others have said, have your son book the shuttle bus in advance online so he won't have to stand in lne at Porte Maillot to buy a ticket. He will need to be at Porte Maillot 3 1/2 hours ahead of his scheduled departure time from Beauvais.