Please sign in to post.

Paris Accommodations

My wife and I are going to be in Paris in May and have never been. We would like to stay in the Latin Quarter for a reasonable rate. I saw the Hotel Esmarelda in a travel guide and it seemed reasonable and located well. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Posted by
204 posts

Hi Jeremy again

We are traveling to Paris in May 2010 as well and have made reservations at Hotel College de France. Quite reasonable and only a few blocks from the Seine on a quiet street in the Latin quarter. 7 rue Thenard. We have not stayed here before but checked a ton of hotels out around the city and even apartments and settled on this one. 115E/ night - breakfast extra. Don't forget most rooms are small in Paris. Check this out on Trip Advisor as well

Posted by
73 posts

Esmerelda is an old quirky place. A friend of mine has stayed there for many years, and always returns. No website for them, but great location.

Posted by
403 posts

We have stayed several times at the Hotel castex in the Marais district on the Right Bank. It is close to a couple of Metro stops, including bastille, and in a lively and vibrant area filled with cafes, galleries, restaurants, boutiques. The Place des Vosges is just a few minutes walk in one direction, and the Isle St Louis about 4 minutes in another direction. We found that we could easily walk all the way to the Place St Michel on the Left Bank in under 15 minutes. Check out their web site...they also like to run special deals....ask if there are any if you email them asking for rate/availability. Their buffet breakfast, by the way, is excellent.

Posted by
161 posts

Hi Jeremy, We liked the Place D'Italie neighborhood last May. It was a clean, safe residential neighborhood, very near transit and we felt part of the community, not in a touristy area. Here's the link for the Kyriad Hotel http://webbooking.louvre-hotels.fr/default.aspx?t=ae53a3be26c28&s=KY&l=en-GB on Veronese. I think we spent about 75 euros for the 2 of us. Clean room, clean bathroom, friendly staff. There's a grocery store at the end of the street and there was a little store that was always open when we returned to our room about 10 pm every evening. We bought fruit to eat for breakfast the next morning. There are lots or restaurants in the area. Email me directly if you like. I have pictures of the hotel and area too. Have a great trip.

Posted by
32212 posts

Jeremy,

You might want to check the listings in either the ETBD France or Paris Guidebooks, as they have lots of accommodation (and restaurant) listings in the Latin Quarter and elsewhere.

The 2010 edition of the Paris Guidebook is available now, and the France book will be available Oct. 27th. The France book also includes information on Paris.

I really like the Rue Cler area (near the Eiffel Tower), and can provide Hotel suggestions there if you're interested.

Cheers!

Posted by
1010 posts

Hello. My husband and I are in our 60's. We spent 6 nights in Paris this June. We are going back next May, as we loved Paris. We stayed at the Hotel Le Littre (6th arron.). We loved the hotel are are returning there.