Please sign in to post.

Overnight in Amsterdam

We are flying into Amsterdam and leaving the following morning by train to Brussels. Where shall we stay for one night, not too expensive, convenient to the train station? I am finding that Rick's recommended hotels are either fully booked or have a 2 or 3 night minimum. Thanks for your ideas.

Posted by
9109 posts

There is an Ibis Hotel attached to Centraal Station; rooms are about $150 a night. Unless you want to stay in one of cheaper hotel in the nearby Red Light District, $150 is fairly cheap for this part of Amsterdam.

Posted by
3551 posts

Consider staying in nearby Haarlem as an alternate if you have not affordable options in Amsterdam. Rick has lodging suggestions.

Posted by
9 posts

The Swissotel, an easy walk from the train station and located at Dam Square, often has good specials and is not a bad place to stay. Also, right next door is the Hotel Amsterdam - De Roode Leeuw which is also very nice and an even better value with a wonderful restaurant. Have stayed in both places and can recommend both.

Posted by
8 posts

We stayed at Hotel Di-Ann for a week, and we liked it. Close to the Anne Frank home, and just a 10 minute walk from the Train Station. Try them at www.diann.nl

Posted by
334 posts

I would suggest the Ibis for convenience to the central train station if you have much luggage. We stayed at Hotel Bouwner a couple of years ago (right on Single Canal). It's up in the $150 range with the current exchange - big rooms with views over the canal (very small elevator, but it did the trick). It's about 5 blocks from the station. There is also a "BoatHotel" or something like that - it was new then - right next to the station. We just booked a room at CDG in Paris for 49 Euro (but non-refundable, changeable, etc). I used the Accor.com website and searched for the closest Ibis hotel and booked directly on the site.