Please sign in to post.

Optional tours - are they worth the money?

We will be on a river cruise in Germany soon. We have a choice to make, A day inn Luxembourg, including the Battle of the Bulge cemetery OR Spend the day relaxing , docked at Traben Trarbach. Lux is $105 each. traben trabach is free. Is Lux worth us spending $210 ?

Posted by
1976 posts

Do you know the details of the tour besides the cemetery? I guess your decision comes down to whether or not you think that the tour is interesting enough for $210. I spent 2 days in Luxembourg City and while parts of it are very interesting, I don't know if I'd spend $210 to see it. You could return on a subsequent trip and see the country for free; it's easily accessible from France, Belgium, and Germany.

Posted by
166 posts

Depends on your interests, length of bus ride and day of the week for this optional tour. If it is a Sunday, skip Luxembourg as everything will be closed. It is a beautiful city and has a lovely city center to explore. Not sure it is worth $210. If you are into wine and ruins, recommend you stay in Traben Trabach and explore.