Please sign in to post.

One night in Frankfurt

Help needed! My husband and I r flying into Frankfurt April 30. One night before heading to Heidelberg to catch up with others on our trip. So.... We r very experienced travelers and have been to Germany many times. Need idea on where to stay the one night. Close by so we can nap a few hours and convenient for our train trip next morning to Heidelberg. Not really interested in staying in Heidelberg more as we r there the following night. Ideas??

Posted by
8942 posts

If you are arriving in Frankfurt, then stay in Frankfurt. Do some sightseeing here, as there are quite a lot of historic sites in this city. Next day, head off on the train to Heidelberg. The 30th is a Tuesday, so you could visit a few museums that have exhibits that interest you (film, architecture, communication, art, archeology, sculpture, Jewish history in Frankfurt, icons), visit the Kaiserdom, the Paulskirche, the Alte Nikolai, the Alte Oper, spend some time in the Klein Markt Halle, visit the Palmengarten, go to the Jewish Holocaust Remembrance Wall, or stroll along the Main river.

Posted by
9 posts

Thks for reply! Ok perhaps we will just hunker down
For the one night in downtown Frankfurt, catch some sleep and get in a nice walk and dinner. So any suggestions on hotel? I love a boutique hotel, breakfast included and around 150 us??? And dinner recommendation for good German food???

Posted by
8942 posts

Try Villa Florentina, Hotel Beethoven, Hotel Goelz, Hotel am Berg, Hotel Nizza, or Liebieg Hotel.