Please sign in to post.

Oktoberfest 2010

6 british lads want to reserve seats in one of the beer tents at the Oktoberfest. They have asked me to help. I have tried 2 phone numbers both of which have been unobtainable. Does anyone have a current phone number for reservations. I have been unable to find the official website for reservations. Do they even need to reserve seats? Thank you for any help. shoni

Posted by
4407 posts

Ditto and ditto. oktoberfest.de, BTW. If you're there in the EARLY afternoon, esp. during the week, it shouldn't be a problem...esp. outside (you could work your way indoors...). Only one tent has a standing-room area that will take drink orders; everyone else must be seated - somewhere. And all tents have (by law) a non-reservation area, but you can imagine there's some fierce competition for those seats. Therefore, if really desperate, ask permission to sit with someone at their table long enough to get served a beer, then roam until you find a better seat. With 6 people, the earlier the better...

Posted by
524 posts

Reservations require a minimum of 10 people. And they start taking next years reservations after the current year ends. It would be impossible to get a reservation now even if you had more than 10 people. However, the good news. If going on a weekday - reservations are not critical. You just go at 11am or noon and find the non-reservation tables. They are marked. Claim your spot and enjoy the festivities. If going on a weekend however, that will be more challanging, but I understand from other people still possible. Go early in the day if going on a weekend.

Posted by
425 posts

Sorry to piggy back, but does anyone know the cost of reserving a table? Looking for maybe next year or 2012.

Posted by
331 posts

Thank you for all your advice. I can't believe that someone from within Germany has had advice about a German beer festival from the USA. You are all wonderful and so knowledgeable! I will relay the advice to Britain.

Posted by
524 posts

Rob, per my memory and this might not be totally accurate - but I think to make a reservation you need to just buy beer/food vouchers for each person. So if you have 10 people you are making reservations for, you are required to buy 2 beer masses and a half a chicken (as example). That amount might be 20 Euro per person or slightly more. But again, that is just what I remember. It sounds so medieval. "Buy my beer and half a chicken and you can sit here and marry my daughter".

Posted by
4407 posts

The prices reported this year are more in the 24€-38€ range, depending on the tent...and note that a food VOUCHER is not the same thing as a RESERVATION!

Posted by
118 posts

We successfully found a table for 8 on both the first Sunday and Monday of the event in 2008 by going in the morning. Ask me in two weeks if we were successful again. Prost.

Posted by
7569 posts

And if you go early in the day, even among the reserved tables, you may find tables that are only reserved for the evening. Check with the lady serving the row, but you usually can have a seat.

Posted by
1 posts

My husband and I will be in Munich on Thursday, Sept 30th .. This will be my first trip there. Should we do Oktoberfest first (early in day) then the sites? What would you recommend for a two day visit? Thanks, Tami