Please sign in to post.

Oktoberfest 2010

We are planning a trip to Munich this fall and would like to reserve seating at a popular tent during Oktoberfest. What is the best way to secure tickets?

Posted by
10249 posts

David - We are also going to Oktoberfest this year and it doesn't look like you can reserve seating unless you have a large group. Even then it seems those reservations are gone far in advance. It appears that the best approach is to arrive early, no later than 2:00ish to get a table.

If anyone has better information than that I will be happy to hear it!

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by
132 posts

Good luck. We just went last year. We weren't successful at getting reservations....but you'll need to start looking now. Reservations can be had but they go quickly.

In the end, the opening ceremony day was crazy (my wife and I ended up outside the Spaten Tent in the beer garden while a friend and his wife ended up inside a tent). The 2nd morning, we just strolled in a tent and sat down without a problem.

Posted by
14 posts

Oktoberfest is great, tent or no tent. We went there, and we just grabbed a seat at one of the tables outside. We ended up meeting some great people, and we had a blast. So, even if you don't get reservations for a tent, you will have lots of fun.

Have tons of fun!!!!

Posted by
400 posts

Most definitely go to Oktoberfest. My husband didn't want to go but I talked him into it. We were there early and stayed until after the fireworks which are displayed at the end. So much fun! We had no reservations for any tent but just found one that looked like the most fun and wondered in, found a couple of seats, and ordered our beer from the fraulines that walk around. We mingled with the locals and had a blast with them. I'm jealous! Make sure you have your hotel reservations asap since they really fill up fast.