Please sign in to post.

Oktoberfest 2009 hotel recommendations

I've contacted the majority of the RS recommended hotels in 08 guide, and they are already full for the 2009 Oktoberfest! Can anyone recommend some other places in or near Munich? I do want to be in Munich, which I know is expensive, but I'm very comfortable taking the Metro there so if it was a place on the outskirts of town that would be fine. It just needs to be a somewhat safe area b/c I'm a female traveling alone. Costwise I'd like to pay no more than 200 Euros a night.

Thanks in advance everyone,
Christine

Posted by
31 posts

I was there last year during Oktoberfest and stayed at the Englischer Garten hotel. It was about 3 subway stops from Marienplatz and then about a 4 block walk and obviously near the English Garten. It is in a neighborhood with the locals and lots of shops and places to eat. It was definately a way to immerse yourself in the neighborhood. The hotel was beautiful and you could fall out of bed and be in the park. We had a few wonderful, breakfast picnics in the park. Take a look at their website. http://www.hotelenglischergarten.de/

I hope this helps. Have fun!

Posted by
38 posts

My boyfriend and I went to Oktoberfest in 2003, the Jedermann hotel was fantastic! Jedermann means everyman.
It's a stone's throw from the event, which is a bonus.

We made reservations one year in advance without any problems. The hotel is very clean and comfortable, the staff incredibly helpful, and if it's your birthday you get a giant cookie! 'Happy Birthday _____!'
I can't recall the price, but it was worth it.

Posted by
6 posts

Thanks for the suggestions but those are both booked too! I was able to make a reservation at Kings Court for 211 Euro a night -- which is not ideal but at least I have somewhere.

I'm still searching for something cheaper though so additional ideas are definitely still wanted!