Please sign in to post.

Oktoberfest, 2007

is a beer tent reservation mandatory to get onto the festival grounds? can 2 of us just walk around the rides/tents/food stalls? is there a charge to get into that area? any tips would be great!!

Posted by
25 posts

I would get there very early! I went in 2003 and we took the 3 hour train down from Bamberg and arrived there at about noon. The tents were already full and there were people waiting outside in lines. We ended up wandering and then doing our drinking at the Hofbrau Haus instead!

Posted by
1 posts

My wife and I will be in Munich for just 2 days September 30 through October 2. I would really like to get tent reservations. Unfortunately, all of the big tents have a minimum 8 persons. I cannot find any information about reserving a seat in a smaller tent. Most of it is in German. If anyone has any advice, please drop me a line.

Thanks!

Posted by
2779 posts

Again, read my post on that just a few hours ago. You won't need a reservation if you're just the 2 of you. Walk in (the Hippodrom, you'll love their music best) and just find a seat at any table that doesn't have 8 people yet and doesn't lie in a corporate reservation zone... It won't take your more than 5 mins to find a table where 2 can fit in.

Posted by
26 posts

Either go early or get a reservation. We couldn't get into any tents last year because they were all full :(

Posted by
1 posts

I lived in Munich for 2 years and have been to Oktoberfest over half a dozen times-it is a blast! I do recommend getting there early-say 10:30-11:00am and you will have no problem finding a tent with seats. Nothing like having your first mass at 11am eh?! :-) Lunch is already being served so I would recommend eating fries or pretzels to keep food in your stomach so you can last the whole day. We also switched tents sometimes during the day and for 2, you def have to look but it was possible. We would be there 12 hours and NEVER get bored! During the week is better than the weekends for sure. I also liked Hipp tent the best but the whole event is great!! Have fun!

Posted by
38 posts

You can make reservations at peak hours. I went in 2003, and if you are sitting down in the tent of your choice by 4pm you are good. After that, you are ushered to any table that has room for you. This means you may be sitting solo from your friends. You can walk around and do whatever you want all day/ all night if you choose to. It's alot of fun, and we made lots of friends! Get used to hearing the same songs over and over. Cheers!

Posted by
107 posts

I was there last year and our group of four people never had any problem finding a table to sit at. We had to go to a couple of different tents but that was the fun part.

Posted by
35 posts

My wife and I are taking my 80 year old father and 75 year old mother to Munich during Oktoberfest...they went in 1971 and have always wanted to return. It should be a lot of fun. :-)

Posted by
1 posts

How far is this place from Munich? Is it best to take a train or taxi?

Cheers from Arizona!