Please sign in to post.

octoberfest 2014

I am starting to organize a trip to Germany for octoberfest 2014 for 8-10 days and perhaps visit some cities with some of my friends. what would be the first thing I should get started with thank you

Posted by
19109 posts

Uh? Maybe seats in a tent in Theresienwiese. Next, a place to stay in Munich. Without those two things, you really can't do Oktoberfest. Other cities - you can always find some cities to go to, maybe not your first choise, but somewhere. But without the first two, it's just a trip to Germany.

Posted by
2788 posts

The first thing you should get started with is to provide a lot more detail to this web site so that folks here can give you more directed replies.
# of trips to Europe, # of people going, lodging requirements, any guide books yet? etc etc.

Posted by
12040 posts

You may or may not need to reserve seats in a tent, depending on how many people you plan to include in your party. Although it's probably too early to reserve a Munich hotel room for 2014, I would start researching which hotels interest you now. Find a few that you think would fit the needs of your party and contact them to learn how early you can book your reservations. If you have any interests in other fests, realize that many cities throughout Germany hold their own late summer/early autumn fests. Munich's Oktoberfest is the best known internationally, which is almost sort of a curse, because it tends to attract a lot of that annoying international frat boy demographic. Other city fests include Stuttgart's Cannstatter Volksfest, Bad Dürkheim's Wurstfest (more about wine than sausages), and I forget their names, but Köln and Düsseldorf also have big celebrations. And probably many other cities of which I'm not aware. Oktoberfest only affects hotel occupancy in Munich and the immediate surrounding areas, so you don't have to book the reservations for the rest of your trip as early.

Posted by
441 posts

Jesus, Hotel Uhland is about as close to the fest as you can get. It's about 2 or 3 blocks. I highly recommend it.