Please sign in to post.

normandy

I need help planning a trip to Vimmy Ridge & normandy beaches,Ileave Germany on the 18th of Sept.for France & Home to Toronto on the 26 th. I have my flight home. Would train be the best way to travel?Should I rent a car in Arras(near Vimmy)? I want to visit Versailles & one day in Paris (Do not want to drive in Paris at all)we are very muchinto the history of Normandy Thank you for your held also we enjoy your books very much .Have eruope 2005 France 2005 and the new one france 2009

Posted by
3313 posts

You'll need either a rental car or a tour for the Normandy beaches. Check rental locations on Autoeurope for the most convenient pick-up and drop-off locations that keep you out of Paris. You can train in and out from Paris.

Posted by
81 posts

If you prefer no hassle without driving there are loads of 1-day guided tours to Normady beaches and also to Versailles, you can compare duration, inclusions and rates on European sites like isango.com, traveltoe.com or search on Google.

Posted by
3 posts

Do not book anything with Isango. I did and this is what happened: I was tavelling with my family of twenty-one people in Spain. I booked a tour of The Alhambra in Granada for all of us and paid the $1350 dollars to Isango in advance. I requested May 14th and recieved vouchers via email stating that the tour was booked for that day at 9:45. We were all staying in a large villa about 1.5 hours drive from Granada. We all got up early and drove in six cars to Alhambra with vouchers in hand. Upon arrival I was told that we were booked for the next day and we would have to return. I informed them that we had traveled 1.5 hours and could not return the next day due to other plans. I was told that they sent me an email changing the date the previous month. I did not receive that email. I informed them that it is unacceptable to make a change via email without verifying that I received it before changing plans for such a large group of travellers. We were sent away and never did get into Alhambra. I have been informed that I will not be getting any refund. There have been no apologies from them despite the fact that they ruined my family's plans for a full day of our precious time abroad and they kept the $1350.00. Their position is that it's too bad I missed the email. I will be contacting my lawyer this week.
Do not do any business with these incompetent thieves!

Posted by
10244 posts

Apparently new poster John has decided to wake up a 4 year old thread to complain about a tour company that has nothing to do with the original post.