Please sign in to post.

Normandy

My college age daughter and I want to fly to Paris from Madrid, where she is studying, for a few days in Normandy. Many of Rick Steves guides were already booked. We could do a private tour for 500-540eurosa little pricey for us? Any suggestions. Best way to get from Paris airport to Bayeux?

Posted by
67 posts

I say drive. The Bayeux vicinity is best described as small town and rural. Driving in France is easy in my opinion. I have driven all over the western half of Europe from Scotland to Gibraltar in 30+ years. I have found the roads better signed in France than anywhere else, and I am including little B-C-D roads in France. Just review Ricks books for anything weird about French driving rules. Have you credit card ready for toll ways getting out of Paris and the Airport. AVOID driving in Paris proper. Get a Michelin map of the highest magnification possible. LanguageQuest.com is a good site for maps. Use a CapitalOne VISA card in Europe to avoid a fee on EACH transaction as with other US credit cards. Bonne chance!

Posted by
3 posts

Thanks for the suggestion!