Please sign in to post.

normandy

I am looking for accommodations for a family of four in Normandy and Brittany. I was hoping to find a place that could accommodate the four of us in one room or suite. There are two adults and two teenagers and we will have a rental car. We will be in the area for two weeks this summer. Any other suggestions on the area would be appreciated as well. Thanks!!!

Posted by
32253 posts

Anne, you'll probably find lots of good suggestions for lodgings in Rick's Guidebook.

Given that you'll have a rental car and will be visiting Normandy and Brittany, my preference would be to use Bayeux as a "home base".

As you'll be travelling in summer, pre-booking accomodations would be a really good idea!

Happy travels!

Posted by
9432 posts

Hotel D'Argouges in Bayeux is the Best! It's in Rick's book. Normandy is my favorite part of France, I hope you have a great time!

Posted by
80 posts

Anne,

I don't know where you are going to visit in Normandy, but I will be staying in Bayeux. I am staying at a B&B called Manoir Guerin de la Houssaye. The website is www.bandb-bayeux.com There is free parking and a 2 room family room available. It was built in the 1400s by a Norman knight! Hope this helps. They do speak English and are incredibly nice and very accomadating. oh, did I mention that there is free breakfast too? Enjoy!

Kate

Posted by
852 posts

www.levieuxchiennoir.com/

Anne,
We have not personally taken rooms at this Evran inn, but have good reports from some who have.
Perhaps it would serve.
bon voyage! nice trip... P.

Posted by
9 posts

I agree, these regions are huge. You should consider renting a cottage or staying at a B*B; the Gites de France website for each region is a great place to start.

Another idea would be to split the time between the two regions (to save on driving time and gas money) and rent two places, for a week each.

Note that some vacation cottages require you to bring linens - you'd have to factor that in to your packing - but you'd save a lot on lodging costs.

We stayed at a couple of B&Bs ("chambres d'hotes") that we found on the Gites de France website several years ago. Our experience was wonderful. (One was near Bayeux, the other was in Guehenno (Chambre No. 56216 on the website - they're still active). We had two children along and they really liked the B&B approach to travel.

Please provide more info on your sightseeing itinerary - that will help narrow down good places to stay, I think.