Please sign in to post.

Nightlife in Paris

My friend and I will be in Paris in two weeks (14 June-21 June) and were hoping to engage in a little Parisian nightlife. My friend is in her mid-twenties and I'm early 30's. As we are ladies traveling alone we want to be mindful of our surroundings but would enjoy music, dancing or a glass of bubbly somewhere. Thanks in advance!
Amanda

Posted by
20254 posts

The Alhambra appears to be dark that week. June 16, Gotterdammerung at Opera Bastille: Siegfried ditches bride to chase new skirt. Scorned Brunhilda plots revenge. Devious Hagen stabs Siegfried in the back. Brunhilda sings her lungs out, then, in a fit of remorse, leaps into the funeral pyre. Gods perish in Valhalla inferno. Five hours of fun and frolic! Bubbly additional.

Posted by
922 posts

Ha-ha! What a funny reply, Sam. I'm sure 5 hours of Wagnerian opera culminating in a near mad-woman riding a horse into a flaming pyre is just what these 20- and 30-somethings are looking for on their holiday in Paris. :) Try using the Search field on this page (upper right) and query 'Paris night life' and 'Paris Jazz clubs'. I recall that there have been suggestions offered in a few threads recently.

Posted by
3049 posts

I'm more of a bar hopper than a clubber, but anywhere you go in "central Paris" (i.e. surrounded by the ring road) should be safe for two women together who are aware of their surroundings. I'd use Yelp or Foursquare or another site to map out stuff that's near your hotel and see what people say about the options. It's always nice not to have to travel too bar. There's nice wine bars all over. For nightlife I particularly like the Marais district, as there's a good mix of casual cafes, hipster bars, and gay bars there, and it's centrally located and very busy (i.e. safe) at night.

Posted by
272 posts

i agree that just wandering around the marais you will stumble upon some good times! my friend and i were there a few years ago and ended up going to buddha bar one night. i know people comment to skip it but we had so much fun meeting locals and other travelers alike. it is a really cool ambience in there, low lighting and classy bohemian feel and friendly bartenders. we were back in paris in august last summer and decided to go back there one night as a starting point. met two french guys - one from paris, one from bordeaux. hung out with them for some drinks. it was a tuesday night. we were ready to go onward and they wanted to call it a night so we asked them for a suggestion where to go. they said Cafe Chic so we walked there from buddha bar. it was a small but cool place. random tuesday night at like midnight and the place had plenty of people but not too crowded. mostly locals it seemed and a few other visitors. music was good, drinks were good, crowd was fun and there was a random little dog named bingo running around. we had a blast. and the other place we went one time was sanz sans in the bastille area. we liked it. it was really crowded bar downstairs and upstairs felt a little more lounge-y with low tables and dark red velvet (if i remember correctly). we had drinks up there and met people who then took us around the neighborhood to other bars nearby but i am sorry i don't remember the names of the other places.
have fun!

Posted by
565 posts

Ditto Sarah and Christy. The Marais is the most fun, especially the south end of the 3rd. I stayed there when I was into the club scene (20s &30s) now into the wine/beer bar scene (ugh just 40! yet severely immature). Paris gets quiet late night but you will find plenty to do in this area.

Posted by
31 posts

I for one love the atmosphere in the 11th arrondissement, around the rue Oberkampf which is quite famous for its bars. A lot of young people; starting with me, go out there and have a very good time!