Please sign in to post.

New Year's Eve in Paris!

Hello, hello RS travelers! I will be lucky enough to spend two weeks over New Year's in Paris and I'm wondering if any of you can suggest good places to eat for New Year's Eve and if there's some ideal places to view the festivities. We're staying in an apartment in the Latin Quarter, so having a home cooked meal or gourmet picnic is also an option for us. Any advice you could give me would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance! Cathy

Posted by
10222 posts

We spent NYE in Paris 5 years ago, and we also rented an apartment in the Latin Quarter. I was lead to believe there would be fireworks over the Eiffel Tower. Nope, nothing. I don't know if there are festivities as such in any one place, like Times Square for example. On NYE we ended up taking a walking tour of Montmartre. Our ultimate plan was to watch the anticipated fireworks from Ponte Neuf, so we found a restaurant near there for a late dinner. No reservation was necessary. Before midnight we positioned ourselves on the bridge, where many people congregated. People brought champagne, wine or whatever, and fireworks to shoot off at midnight. It wasn't what I had anticipated, but it was fun! We then hopped on the metro to get back to our apartment. If you want to celebrate at a club or something you should make reservations in advance. Be advised that the weather could be mild, or it could be freezing. Literally. On our 2 week trip, with 10 days in Paris, the warmest it got was 33 degrees F. It made winter in Tahoe feel warm!!