Please sign in to post.

Neuschwanstein Tickets

Hello!
We will be at the castles at the end of June. I am curious as to whether it is worth it to purchase tickets in advance, or to get them the day of. We will be staying on a farm that is about a 15 minute walk from the castles. Should we take our chances and get the tickets that morning, or buy them in advance? Thanks in advance for all the help, you are all awesome! :)

Posted by
62 posts

Thanks for the reply! Good idea to visit the box office the day before, I didn't think about that one.....thanks again!!!!!

Posted by
62 posts

Oh, I didn't even think about that! :) If we went later in the day to buy tickets, would the lines still be long? If not, maybe that would work, and then we could use the tickets the next morning......Thanks for all the help everyone!!!!

Posted by
19227 posts

Presumable, if you are standing in line the day before, particularly late in the day, you won't have the pressure of needing to get your ticket and get up to the castle.

However, this line from the Ticket center website, "The Ticket-Center sells tickets for the current day only", gives me some concern. Whether they sell reservations, at all, at the ticket center, remains uncertain, but it is apparent that you would still have to stand in the (shorter) reservation line the next day, anyway.

You can always arrange reservations in advance, online or by phone. See the website.

Posted by
811 posts

you can make a reservation ahead of time, and if needed just have your host make a call to change. i booked mine last year before i got to Munich, and i asked the hotel to call and change date 1 day before my reservation and it was not a problem. i suppose you can drive up late in the day to walk around and take pics then check the ticket office, but you really don't have to.