Please sign in to post.

Neuschwanstein

We are staying outside of Munich for 3 days. One day my mom, sister-in-law and I are planning on going from Munich to Fuessen to visit Neuschwanstein. When we arrive into Fuessen what is the best way to get to the castles? This is my first time in Europe and I need all the help that i can get.
Thanks
Kari

Posted by
9110 posts

Look down a couple of titles to a similar heading. It's all laid out there.

Posted by
19092 posts

There is a bus that meets the train and takes you (8 min) out to Hohenschwangau, site of the castles. If you use a Bayern-Ticket (€28 for all 3 of you), the bus is covered as well as the train. See my webpage for information on getting to the castles.

Posted by
977 posts

Thanks for this wonderful information. Most helpful. We are doing the castles in late September this year. We will be training it to Fussen from Augsburg. Styaing there instead of Munich.
Didn't relish the thought of spending 3 nights in Munich during Oktoberfest - rubbing shoulders with drunken Aussies!!!

Posted by
32212 posts

Kari,

As this is your first time in Europe, I'd highly recommend reading Europe Through The Back Door before you leave. I'd also suggest packing along a copy of the Germany 2010 Guidebook, as I've found that the books are a great reference source during trips and having good information can save lots of aggravation.

If you'd prefer to take a Guided tour to the Castles, have a look at This website. Their office is in the Munich Hbf and they take care of all arrangements including tickets for the "official" tour of Neuschwanstein and a visit to the bridge which is a great place for photos of the castle.

Happy travels!