Please sign in to post.

Museums Ufer Fest - Frankfurt 27-29 Aug. 2010

This is one of Germanys' premiere festivals, attracting upwards of 3 million people over the weekend. The whole riverbank on both sides of the Main, are filled with about 600 stands selling art, crafts, food and drink, and with about 20 stages providing music of all sorts. All you need is to buy a 4 euro button and you can visit 18 different museums the entire weekend long.....Dragon Boat races on Sat.and Sun. with Fireworks on Sun. night....Argentina is the featured country this year, so there should be some great food as well as lots of Argentinian music. Many of the museums have huge gardens where they will have jazz bands, or ethnic music playing and are nice, shady places to sit and rest for awhile.... I promise, once you go to this fest, you will be hooked and want to come back every year.

Posted by
2779 posts

Jo, don't tell everybody about it or it'll turn into some kind of "Oktoberfest" with all those international people coming and driving up the prices ;-) It is a true Frankfurt-style festival. It's genuine, not made to attract tourists. And it features art and culture - and combines it with great live music, beer gardens, applewine and 3 million happy people...

Posted by
8947 posts

Well, rain is predicted for the whole weekend, but we will still have a great time at the fest. I especially want to go hear the organ concert at the Kaiserdom on Sat. at 22:00. There is a Brahms concert at the Alte Nikolai this evening that I might go to and some chamber music all weekend in the Karmeliter Cloister. If you haven't seen the frescos in there yet, this is a good time to see them. They are amazing!..... Also on my list for this weekend is visiting the Judengasse Museum, the Jewish Museum, the Icon Museum, the Archeology Museum, the Communication Museum, the Bible Museum and the Liebieg Haus to see the new Egyptian exhibition..... If the weather stays nice, I may even climb to the top of the Kaiserdom, since they just opened the steeple again this past week. Great view from up there and it is only 323 steps to the top.