Please sign in to post.

MUNICH OKTOBERFEST 2007

My husband & I will be experiencing our first Oktoberfest 2007 We will be there Sat. Sept 29 & Sun Sept 30. I am unable to locate a tent site that will take reservations for 2. Can anyone suggest how we can make reservations? Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Are there small tents that may accomodate us?

Posted by
2779 posts

You don't need to make a reservation for two. They just squeeze you in somewhere (or actually you do it yourself, you walk around and ask any table of less than 8 people whether there would be some space for you). You will prefer the Hippodrom tent as they also play some songs non-Germans can sing along, like summer of `69 etc. It's ALL about drinking beer from 1-liter-size glasses, eat giant bretzels with Obatzda (Bavarian style seasoned cream cheese), singing along with the oompah-band and dancing on the benches (yes, you'll see).

Posted by
2779 posts

I forgot to add that you need to be in the tent of your choice before 4.30pm. The real party starts around 5 to 5.30pm and ends at 10.30 sharp. If you can avoid the Saturday as it'll be just overcrowded. Sunday is packed, too, but not as excessively as Saturday.

Posted by
31 posts

We were there the first weekend, 2005. Although we had heard that you should arrive early afternoon, both nights we arrived at around 7 and found a place within 5 minutes. We went to Spaten one night and HB (rowdier) the second. It helped that our 23 yr old son was friendly and handsome. But the ratio inside was about 3:1 male, and the guys all seemed eager to talk and flirt with women of any age. Just try it, being sociable and ready to make all sorts of friends.