Please sign in to post.

Munich hotels

My wife and I are traveling to Munich just before the holidays in December and we are looking for hotel recommondations. We would like to be centrally located to buses/train and of course we are looking for something reasonably priced. A bed and breakfast would be great but any ideas would be very helpful.

Posted by
15 posts

Scott I would recommend the Hotel Uhland (www.hotel-uhland.de). We have stayed there 5 or 6 times over the years and have never been disappointed. The breakfast is outstanding!! There's a bus stop (#58) one short block away & the U-Bhan Station (Theresienwiese)U-4&U-5 are two blocks. It's a short ride either way to center city. Have a good trip Wayne
Virginia Beach

Posted by
3 posts

Thank you. Since I posted my question I've done some reading and that hotel is spoken very highly of. I've already contacted them to get pricing and availability :)

Posted by
32198 posts

Scott, Hotel Uhland is an excellent choice. I've stayed there a number of times, and definitely agree that their breakfast is outstanding. It's located in a quiet residential area, about a 15 minute walk from the train station. I've also stayed at Hotel Royal, which is very close to the main station (about a 5 minute walk, if that). The area is not as "tranquil" as that around Uhland, but it's a very comfortable hotel and also serves an incredible breakfast. Royal is a bit more of a "central" location, and easy walking distance to Marienplatz or other sites. Happy travels!

Posted by
380 posts

Scott - every trip to Munich we stay at Hotel Europaischer, which is directly across the street from the Hauptbahnhof (main station) and there are two tram stops outside. It is not modern in decor but is very clean, the staff is always very nice and helpful, great prices and the breakfast buffet is excellent!! We are heading back to Munich in a few months and have already booked our room. If you book early enough and prepay you can get 20% off the rates, which can be an excellent deal. It is also maybe a 20 minute walk to Marienplatz if you didn't want to ride the tram or train, there are 2 grocery stores across the street and of course places to catch a bite to eat inside the station and restaurants around the area. Let me know if you would like any more info, I'll be glad to help.

Posted by
3 posts

Thank you Ken and Karen, great information and lots to consider luckily we have time...

Posted by
3948 posts

I'm going to suggest something other than a B&B. For our last 3 trips to Munich we have stayed next door to Sendlinger Tor at Motel One. I know, at first I was put off by the name but it is a new chain of hotels that offer clean, affordable rooms in very central locations. Another thing that I liked is that 90% of the hotel guests were speaking German at breakfast time and we got to meet some interesting business people and travelers. This hotel is on a quiet street next to the Tor and a 5 minute walk from the Viktualienmarkt and new covered markt. I really don't care for the area around the Hauptbahnhof and after years of staying near the train station, we were glad to find this new hotel which is much more centrally located next to the Sendlingen Tor U-Bahn entrance. Check out its reviews on Tripadvisor.

Posted by
1157 posts

Scott, the Hotel Uhland is an excellent choice. We stayed there last month, and it was a wonderful experience. It has the quiet ambiance of a B&B but all the amenities of a hotel. Beautiful building, and easy transfers on the bus #58 from the train station. The buses are located right outside the train station. You can easily take the bus back to the train station to catch th subways or there is one within easy walking distance from the hotel. You won't be disappointed.