Munich Hotel?

I have a single night to spend in this big, beautiful city. What area? Is there a section that is more quaint and Old World?

Posted by Sam
Green Bay
2259 posts

I'd say around the Viktualien Markt. Like a lot of German cities, Munich had the crap bombed out of it during WWII, so mostly it is restorations with modern interiors for a lot of buildings.

Posted by Alexandra
West Coast, California, USA
292 posts

The Platzl Hotel is a 3 minute walk to the Marienplatz, the heart of the Old Town. Stop and have lunch and a piece of cake at Richert, very close. And there's a lovely shop that sells handmade wood crafts (nativity scenes at Christmas, hand-painted eggs and such at Easter) that is also along this short walk. http://www.platzl.de/

Posted by Gretchen
Oxnard, CA, USA
34 posts

Hi,
We just returned from Munich last week and the only hotel we use is the Hotel am Viktualienmarkt. Great family run hotel half a block from the Viktualienmarkt and the Marienplatz. Check them out online. :)

Posted by Susan
New Orleans, La, US
5 posts

By all means, stay at the Cortiina Hotel! It is in the Old Town area. I watched Samantha Brown in Munich and stayed in the same hotel. It was wonderful and just a short stroll to a wonderful little spot for dinner. The staff there was great. We walked around and saw the sights and shopped all within a short walking distance to our hotel. Great for a short stay and they also have apartments for larger parties or longer stays. The only thing I would have improved was a softer pillow. Otherwise a perfect stay!