Please sign in to post.

Munich hotel

We are going to be flying in and out of Munich this summer. We are planning to stay in Munich for some sightseeing and shopping at the end of our trip in early August. We have stayed in Munich 6-7 times before and have always struggle to find an interesting/ nice hotel or b&b within our budget. We prefer to stay within the ring or within a 5-10 minute walk of the inner ring. We hope to keep the cost down to about 100 Euros for a double. Any ideas?

Posted by
26 posts

I usually stay with friends when I am in Munich but last summer I stayed at Hotel Uhland, about a 10 minute walk from the main train station (Hauptbahnhof). It was very clean and comfortable and included breakfast and I believe it would cost you less than 100 euros/night for a double.

Posted by
96 posts

Every time that I've been to Munich, I've stayed at the Hotel Bristol. It's a great location, nice-sized clean rooms, and has one of the best breakfast buffets that I've ever had the pleasure of attending. It's also reasonably priced for Munich.

Posted by
19117 posts

Hotel Uhland lists their price for double room as €81 - €204, which leads me to believe that the are not usually less than €100, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Posted by
32222 posts

Mona, Hotel Uhland is my preferred lodgings in Munich. As a previous reply mentioned, it's an easy walk from the station (much easier when you've done it a few times), located in a quiet residential area and their breakfasts are excellent (these are now the "gold standard" by which I rate all breakfasts in Europe!). Cheers!

Posted by
425 posts

I second or third the Hotel Uhland. Nice hotel that I would stay at again given the chance. Lee, I believe there is such a huge difference in the rates because it sits so close to the Oktoberfest grounds. I stayed there this past spring and paid the 81 EUR per night as listed.

Posted by
91 posts

for what it's worth....I just booked Kings Hotel First Class for $100/night through Booking.com. It had a great rating #15 of 391 hotels, and a 93% positive reviewer percentage on tripadvisor.com. Seems central to train station, etc.... ???

Posted by
3968 posts

Thanks for all of your suggestions. All of the hotels you've mentioned have availability, now we just need to decide on our exact dates and book one of them. We've never stayed at any of the ones you've recommended in our 7 trips to Munich so we are looking forward to trying something new.

Posted by
693 posts

You might also check out the Pension Lindner on Trip Advisor. They're near the Viktualienmarkt and have excellent reviews. According to their own website a double room with en suite bathroom is 85 Euro. The price includes breakfast and taxes. Their website has an English version.

Posted by
63 posts

In April 2009 we stayed at the Pension Lindner on advice from Rick's Germany 2009. The room was clean, quiet, and close to everything. We walked to it from the train station. It was a 5-minute walk to the pedestrian mall. It was 80e per night then; don't know what it is now.

Posted by
2 posts

My wife and I have stay at Hotel Uhland every time we're in Munich. Bridget and the entire staff have always greeted us and provided the same great customer service evry time! Hotel Uhland used to be a " best kept secret" but the cat's out of the bag... have a wonderful visit!

Posted by
9110 posts

Where are you from Phil.......Munich, MN?

Posted by
45 posts

I will be flying out of Munich airport at the end of my May trip to Germany, and was wondering what hotel would be the most convenient to be close to the airport, and reasonable. We had to choose a morning flight out, and just want to spend the night. We also have to return our rental car at the airport, so getting there early is important. I guess we could always drop the car off the night before, and stay closer into the center, and take an early train.

Posted by
258 posts

Hi Mona, I have 2 suggestions- stayed at 1 based on Rick's suggestion, then found the other on my own for my 2nd trip to Munich. Hotel Pension Beck. Around a 15 min walk from the Glockenspiel (sp!) and Toy Museum. In a quiet residential area, but easy/pleasent walk to the Marienplatz. Typical Rick suggestion; family-run place, attracts like-minded independent travelers, clean (albeit somewhat small) guestrooms and there was a very good bfst each AM. Very reasonably priced, too. 2nd place is 4UMunchen. Most of it is actually a hostel, but the upper floors are a hotel with private bathrooms in the guestrooms. It's very close (a few min walk, at most) from the HauptBanhoff (sp!), so it, too, is very centrally located. My pleasent room was very clean and pretty spacious. The bfast room, 1 level below the lobby, was very pleasent and I met travelers from all over, always a great + at a place like that. Like Pension Beck, very reasonble prices. Hope these help. Good luck w/ finding a place.