Please sign in to post.

munich hotel

i'm looking for a centrally located, safe and moderately priced hotel in munich...i'll be getting into the airport in the early evening. i will need to catch a train the following evening...so i'd like something that is located such that i can manage with public transportation. i'm planning on the "residenz" and possibly a trek to dachau. i'm not sure yet what to do with my luggage for the afternoon while i'm adventure-ing. thanks for the help!

Posted by
987 posts

I like Hotel Uhland. You can walk to it from the train station, or it is a very short bus ride from the train station. Quiet and convenient. The train station does have lockers where you can leave your luggage.

Posted by
243 posts

For what your looking for I would agree with Hotel Uhland, its about 3 blocks to train station. You could leave your luggage there while your at Dachau and come back and get it before going to train- they are awesome about acommodating their guests.

Posted by
1482 posts

You might take a look at the Hotel Blauer Bock which is centrally located at Viktualien Markt, very near the Marienplatz: http://www.hotelblauerbock.de... I have left my luggage there while I am sight-seeing. They are nice folks and serve a good breakfast.

Posted by
32212 posts

laura, another vote for Hotel Uhland (they have fantastic breakfasts!). It's about a 12-minute walk from Munich Hbf, but I don't find that to be a problem. Happy travels!

Posted by
44 posts

We love the Exquisit. Have not been on the trains so I'm not sure where it is in relation to where you are going, but it's worth looking up. Great breakfasts!

Posted by
17 posts

anyone had success with "flemings" in the city center?