Please sign in to post.

Munich Hotel

Hi Everyone! Need your help. I am looking for some recommendations on Munich hotels close to the city centre that aren't in shady areas. Everything I've found that has good reviews is a 15 minute DRIVE outside of the city centre, and I'll be on foot. I will be there Sat-Monday so anything you all can recommend would be a HUGE help :) Thanks! And PS, my budget is ~$150/night....

Posted by
166 posts

Four Points Sheraton is a a nice hotel, good area, and close to the metro line with only a 3-5 minute ride to Marienplatz.

Posted by
19099 posts

I've compiled a list of places to stay in Munich at the bottom of my webpage about Munich. These are places that have been recommended by posters here in the past. If you are just in Munich on business and don't want to really experience it, staying at an American hotel chain like the Sharaton might be OK, but if you want an authentic German experience, avoid the Sheraton.

Posted by
32212 posts

Erin, My suggestion would most definitely be Hotel Uhland (click the link on Lee's website). It's a comfortable 12-15 minutes walk from Munich HBF (once you know the way, it's an easy walk), and is located in a nice residential area. They provide an outstanding breakfast (this is my "gold standard" for comparing breakfasts all over Europe), and the staff is great! Best of all, I believe it's within your budget range! Happy travels!