Please sign in to post.

Munich Hotel

Anybody stayed at Tryp Munchen or Kings Hotel? Looking for 3 night stay in Munich in late May. Both having current price reductions for nights I need and am considering them. Both have decent reviews on a few sights i've check, Kings maybe a little better. Just curious if anyone here had good/bad experience.
thanks!

Posted by
157 posts

There is much more to do/see in the center than in the Hauptbahnhof area, so I prefer staying more toward Viktualienmarkt or Marienplaz (Hotel Blauer Bock is good, there are others).

But with U-bahn everything is accessible.

Posted by
153 posts

We stayed in Kings Center Hotel February 6. It was a good stay. We choose it to be close to the train station as it is just a few blocks away. We only stayed one night and found the breakfast to be varied and good. Since we ate breakfast there, we had no need for close places to eat nearby and didn't find much of interest around the Hotel. We went by subway (from the train station) to the center city to eat. In booking, we found the least expensive rate on the internet and booked by that method. Note that the rates for many city hotels are less expensive on weekends.

Posted by
7209 posts

Chris is EXACTLY correct. No need for staying at or around the train station...the train station is connected seamlessly with the U-Bahn for super easy airport access or other train connections. Get out and away from the train station area for a much more enjoyable stay in Munich!

Posted by
934 posts

I believe that the RR station is only 2-3 blocks from the old town.I always stay in the old town or just outside but I drop my rental car at the RR station and walk back.