Please sign in to post.

Munich for 2 days only- lodging

Any suggestions on the area in Munich we should stay in? We will not have a rental car so we are looking for a central area, easily accessible by walking, trains or buses to see the city. Thanks

Posted by
277 posts

Try the Hotel Ludwig opposite the train station. Read my and other reviews on tripadvisor.com under hotel reviews.

Posted by
345 posts

Hotel Mark is a block and a half from the main train station. We have stayed there twice and it is fine; clean rooms, great brekfast, good price (we paid 72 Euros for a double this past month.

Posted by
7209 posts

Having just returned from Munich and traveling only via train and underground, I would look for the area close to the MarienPlatz which is THE central pedestrian zone in the old town. There is also an underground stop at the MarienPlatz. It's a wonderful pedestrian area full of shops, restaurants, people, street markets...very very nice. Totallu opposite the main train station area which is seedy and rather devoid of any tourist sites.

I agree with the Hotel Torbrau recommendation. Personally we stayed at the Hotel Platzl which is just a bit closer to MarienPlatz and located just next door to the Hofbrauhaus. Very nice location and wonderful hotel. I just posted a review and lots of pictures of the Hotel Platzl on www.tripadvisor.com I would go back there with no hesitation whatsoever. We got a price break at the hotel by booking with www.dertour.de (even though it's all in German). I just emailed them and they did the rest. Good luck. Just remember - stay in Marienplatz