Please sign in to post.

Munich

Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Blauer Bock in Munich? Is it walking distance to Marienplatz? Would you recommend this hotel or do you have another favorite? Any information greatly appreciated! Thanks, Linda

Posted by
1501 posts

We have stayed at the Blauer Bock. It was great. Good breakfast, nice staff. At Viktualien Markt about 3 blocks from Marienplatz.

Posted by
901 posts

I stayed at Hotel Blauer Bock in June 2011. It is a short and very convenient walk to Marienplatz. The room I stayed in was very clean and updated. The breakfast (included in the room price) was excellent with lots of choices, including sausage, eggs, fruit, cereal, juices, etc. The front desk staff were very helpful. I would highly recommend the hotel.

Posted by
171 posts

I too stayed at the Hotel Uhland last year and the year before. It is on a quiet side street and walking distance to Marienplatz.
I liked this hotel very much and would gladly stay there again.

Posted by
837 posts

Do not know this hotel. Have stayed at the Hotel Uhland which is much praised on the site. I checked tripadvisor.com which I find very useful. Hotel Blauer Bock is rated about 1/3 of the way down the 350+ hotels in Munich. Hotel Uhland is rated #11. The exterior photo of Blauer Bock looks very charming. The traveler posted photos of the interior don't look appealing to me. My recollection of Uhland is far more favorable than the pictures of Blauer Bock. Uhland is in a residential area, probably a 10 minute stroll from Marienplatz. They do offer free, offstreet parking.

Posted by
45 posts

We rented an apartment in Munich, 80 Euros/ night, walking distance from train etc. Message me if you would like more info