Please sign in to post.

moulin rouge

HAS ANYONE BEEN TO THIS? IS IT WORTH IT OR JUST A THING THAT ONLY TOURISTS GO TO. THANKS

Posted by
1 posts

Took my then 16 year old daughter and her friends there in 2005 (year movie came out) so they could see the real location. We enjoyed every minute - though most of the show was topless! You can from several meal package levels. Kinda cruise ship but part of Paris culture!

Posted by
9422 posts

It's extremely touristy, and no Parisian would ever go to it, but we enjoyed it. When we went, you could choose to see it with or without dinner and we chose not to have dinner, it costs more and I can't imagine it's very good. Although we enjoyed it, we spend a lot of time in Paris so if you don't have a lot of time, I'd recommend doing something more authentic and more worthwhile.

Posted by
32867 posts

((quietly said ... please don't shout)) thanks

Posted by
31 posts

It was pricy but we really enjoyed it. I would recommend doing the dinner -it was good and made for a pleasant evening. Tip: go about an hour or so late otherwise you will have lots of down time with nothing to do but purchase ridiculously expensive wine or drinks. Pam

Posted by
875 posts

Yes, it was expensive, but we had such a good time. We were seated at a table with a couple from Glasgow and really enjoyed visiting with them.
The show was great fun, and we were so glad we went. Of course it's touristy, but you ARE tourists after all.