Please sign in to post.

Morocco

Recommended places to stay in Marrakech and Fes. We will be there at the end of March and would like something reasonably priced, in or near the Medinas. So hard to judge from traveladvisor reviews.

Posted by
11507 posts

do you mean tripadvisor. com reviews,, i find them useful. I use them for all my bookings. you do have read all the reviews and learn to read them to see how they apply to you.. for instance, some people mark down places for having "small rooms" but I figure in my price range all rooms are small, and I personally don't mark down for not having a bell man, or for faded carpets, but some people do. I look for reviews that basically say , clean, safe, good location, got what I expected for what I paid.

Posted by
126 posts

Our stay at http://www.darroumana.com at the top of the medina in Fes was magical. I'd highly recommend it - the riad is stunning, the accommodations beautiful & comfortable, the service first class. The owner is an American who has lived in Morocco for years. She's done a spectacular job of restoring the riad with the help of local artisans. She also speaks Darija (Moroccan Arabic), which was great because we had a million questions and she gave us great recommendations of where to eat, shop, etc. (You can also reserve to have a meal cooked by the Cordon Bleu chef at the riad, if you so wish). You can have your delicious breakfast (included in price) on the roof patio at the very top of the riad with stunning views of the ancient medina and the surrounding hills. We thought the prices were reasonable... Their website has pictures and descriptions. We've stayed in 2 different suites: Argana (85 euros p/night) and Roumana (125 euros). We loved both, but the Argana was very special - at the very top of the riad with views of the medina. It was small and cozy, the bathroom and dressing room were a couple of steps above the bedroom. Both are amazing places to visit. Hope you have a great time.

Posted by
9 posts

Yes I mean tripadvisor. Thanks for the reply :)