Please sign in to post.

Money

I am going to be in Germany for about four days, Paris for 8 and back to Germany to leave for the U.S. How much money do you think I will need? I don't plan on being extravagant just want to enjoy the time.

Posted by
23282 posts

Nearly impossible to answer given the many variables BUT we find it easy to spend 100E a day without too much effort or about $2000 for your trip. You can hold down the cash needs by using your credit card more. Hope you are not thinking about bring cash from the US. Use a debit card and an ATMs to get cash as needed.

Posted by
6 posts

I will definetely be using my debit card the whole time. I am pretty sure using an ATM will be the best exchange rate. Thanks for the info!

Posted by
693 posts

Let your bank know you're going overseas and reconfirm before leaving. Take a second card, just in case. Re money: are you talking about a total, including overnight accommodations and transportation... or food and incidentals only? If you do some advance planning, you can live well and frugally at the same time, especially in Germany but also in Paris. In Germany, a really good, solid buffet breakfast is often included in the lodging price. Not so much in Paris, in the more budget oriented hotels.