Please sign in to post.

Midnight in Paris

Newish movie out, Midnight in Paris. Are you a Paris lover? If so, this movie is for you. Not only do you get ample modern Paris, you get the "moveable feast" Paris of the 20's and meet Fitzgerald, Hemingway, Stein, etc... and more too, but don't want to spoil.

Posted by
10221 posts

Can't wait to see it! I am going next weekend with the friend I will be traveling to Paris with in October. She has not been there, so I hope she likes what she sees.

Posted by
32206 posts

Michael 1, I recently noticed that Midnight in Paris had been released, and did a search to find out if it was playing in this area. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be playing anywhere close, so it doubt I'll get a chance to see it.

Posted by
9420 posts

This movie was SO good, loved it! Ken, maybe Netflix or rent it when it becomes available?

Posted by
104 posts

When we were in Paris in May, right after Cannes Festival, the movie was showing. We took a "vacation from our vacation" and went to a showing in the cinema on the Champs Elysee. Perfect spot to see it and it was a fun movie. Interesting notes. On movie posters that were around the city, many had been vandalized by people marking over Carla Bruni's name.

Posted by
335 posts

Just saw the movie this week - it was great! I'm not a Woody Allen fan normally but went for the scenery. The movie was funny and the scenery was wonderful! I may buy the DVD when it comes out and run it without the sound, just for the views of Paris - sigh!

Posted by
2023 posts

Just saw this movie yesterday. The Paris scenes were great. This movie is a must see for Paris fans. The music was good also-I am a big WA fan.

Posted by
32206 posts

Susan, I finally got to see Midnight in Paris! It started playing in one of the theatres in the next (larger) city south of here about a week ago, so I figured it would be worth a short drive (it was a good excuse for a change of scenery, and it was a beautiful day for a drive). I went to a Matinee and there were very few people there so not crowded at all. Interesting movie (albeit a bit "quirky" which is probably normal with Woody Allen pix). The title was tied-in well to the unusual events that occurred at that time of night. It was great to see the familiar scenes of Paris! With the main character moving to Paris at the end of the movie, he didn't seem to be in the least concerned about the Schengen rules (LOL)!

Posted by
358 posts

My wife and I both agree this is the best movie we have seen this year. We are fortunate to be able to visit Paris twice a year as our son lives/works in Paris for the past 10 years. Next year we are thinking about living part of the year in Paris along with our home in California.

Posted by
951 posts

It made me realize how special Paris was. I really liked Paris but I guess the movie made me see that I actually loved Paris. If I return to Europe this year (Belgium is so on my mind), I plan on a side trip to hang out at a cafe and breathe Paris in.

Posted by
2349 posts

I saw it this weekend for the second time. I find it a very full and satisfying movie, like a good meal with wine. And, Ken, he got to travel through time. Do you think he needs to worry about a long term visa? Shengen, schmengen.

Posted by
9420 posts

Ken, I'm so glad you got to see it! =) I saw it a second time too, and liked it even more, I was able to notice more things going on in the background. I loved the scene with the daughter and her parents in the fancy restaurant with the table behind them with the dog and the dad's reaction! It's a classic Woody Allen film and Owen Wilson seemed to be channeling Woody Allen now that he's too old to play the lead.

Posted by
14 posts

I too loved the movie for the scenery and photography. As they said it was WA's "Love Valentine to Paris". Many times I thought it was Woody speaking and not Owen. I leave for Paris on the 29th.....2nd trip there and plan to check out all the places he used in the movie. But probably not at midnight?

Posted by
10221 posts

I really enjoyed the movie and plan to see it a 2nd time to whet my appetite for my trip back to Paris in October.

Posted by
335 posts

Does anyone know where the scene was shot where he's sitting on the steps and the old car picks him up? I'll be in Paris in September and would love to find it. Or if anyone takes the time to make a list of where all the sites are, I could do a "Midnight in Paris" walking tour for myself and friend! I'm planning on doing one based on Julia Child's "My Life in France" book, visiting her apartment addresses and favorite restos.

Posted by
117 posts

I read an article in a Brazilian paper that claims Woody's next pix will be set in Rome.

Posted by
9 posts

I'll be there in October for the first time as well with my wife...heard of the movie here first! Thanks for the post...we'll see it before we go!