Please sign in to post.

"Masculine" activities for Hubby and Son in Paris

30 days until my lifelong dream trip to Paris!!! For my itinerary I have Sunday and Monday (days 6 &7) designated to shopping and just hanging. Any recommendations for my hubby and son to do while I shop and have my 1000th macaron and hot chocolate? Side note I have included Napoleans's and the Army Museum in our itinerary.

Posted by
10344 posts

Okay, 12 year old boy. Now...I'm trying to think of something you would not have already seen together as a family.... How about The Catacombs?! But don't let him see the film first, or he may not want to go! or maybe it will whet his appetite!?

Dad will like it, too.

Posted by
44 posts

I'm shocked that no one has suggested the Paris "sewer tour" yet. If that isn't a 'man-thing' I don't know what is!

Posted by
10344 posts

Men and sewers...don't know if we wanta go there.

Posted by
8293 posts

The Science Museum at La Villette has lots of interactive exhibits that a 12 year-old would like, and getting there by boat on the Canal St. Martin would be fun for him, too, as well as for your husband.

Posted by
104 posts

Thank you for all the great suggestions everyone! I forget that riding the public transit is a fun activity in of itself!

Posted by
1633 posts

Lisa, like you said, my son who was about 14 at the time, loved riding the metro. The guys also did the catacombs, Paris sewer tour and climbed the towers of Notre Dame (this took awhile because of the lines). My husband also enjoyed Napoleon's Tomb-Les Invalides and the grounds of the Rodin Paris Museum (The Thinker statue). Have fun making lifetime memories with your family--we did!

Posted by
3250 posts

A couple of other options would be climbing the Arc de Triomphe or visiting Pere Lachaise Cemetery.

Posted by
196 posts

Lisa,
Army museum is cool. The catacombs were very macho and I think the sewer tour is a good idea.... very interesting in fact.