Please sign in to post.

Madrid itinerary

Visiting Madrid for the first time, (fri-Sunday), kindly assist on our itinerary. Thanks

Posted by
638 posts

Linda, I hope your kidding, being that no one here knows you, you give absolutely no details about yourself, who you are going with and most importantly what your likes and dislikes are there is no way other than just throwing things out that anyone will be able to give any information, and that is a waste of everyones time. Each person on this site enjoys giving advice but you need to meet people half way, it's no ones job but yours to make an itinerary for you. Get a guide book, watch some videos, read other posts to get some idea on what you might want to see. A one sentence message is not going to work.

Posted by
629 posts

Go to the Prado, go to the Palace, have a coffee in Plaza Mayor, stroll along the Gran Via, people watch at the Plaza Puerto del Sol, go to a bullfight (or a Real Madrid match), row a punt around the 'pond' in Retiro Parc.........Enjoy!!!

Posted by
4 posts

Hi Barry, I I believe its not a waste of time for everyone to read my message and respond. I did read and made some research, I was asking for assistance and Bob was able to give me some response and I will take it from there. Thank you very much.

Posted by
9363 posts

Linda, what Barry was getting at was that we can give you better, more specific, suggestions if we knew something about your plans and your likes and dislikes. It IS a waste of time to put out a general list of locations for you to see - you can get that from a guidebook. You asked us to assist with your itinerary, but we don't have any idea what your itinerary is at this point, or what you want us to assist with.

Posted by
638 posts

Hi again Linda, hopefully Nancys (thanks Nancy) response gave you a better understanding of why I posted what I did. I can tell someone to go to a bullfight, but that person may be a member of PETA or simply be revulsed at the thought. Or recommend going to the Prado, but if they don't know what that is or what type of museum it is how am I to know if they'd be interested? Some people come to the board and say they aren't interested in art museums and thats OK, but to tell them to go to one is again a waste of time and we can give them alternatives on what to see and do. I can't imagine going to Madrid for the first time without doing some type of research, and if something interests me and I want more information I would then go to a message board and state what I'm interested in and what I've learned so far so I can get detailed information. Buen Camino!

Posted by
4 posts

Thanks Nancy and Barry, I will ensure that I will be more specific next time.