Please sign in to post.

Madrid Hotels

I just wanted to say thanks to all who responded to my cry for help.

I did book a hotel for my first night in Madrid. I wanted the Hotel Mayor but they were booked.I was able to book a room at hotel Europa. I will need to book another night after I return to Madrid from Granada before I fly out to Italy.
Now: What would be your opinion of a place to stay in Sevilla and I will need 1 night in Granada.
Again I would like to have a room that is quaint but in a quiet area and near to the
important sights to see. I did book one of the 2 nights in Seville but they didn't have a vacancy
for the second night. I have booked Hotel Amadeus & La Musica. Any ideas where to stay the second night?

I would like to keep the price to 75 euro for a single room.
Again....any ideas would be most appreciated.
**Where have people stayed in Madrid that they liked a lot but didn't break your pocketbook???

Posted by
3 posts

DO NOT STAY AT EUROPA IN MADRID!! My boyfriend and i ended our 2 week trip in Spain at the Europa and had a terrible stay. Our room faced the square and we were woken at 4am to a man playing the saxaphone and singing till all hours of the night and the hotel did nothing to help make him stop or move. Then upon checking out the hotel broke our luggage and it took a year and lots of work to get them to pay for the repairs to our suitcase.

A great hotel in Seville:

Hotel Alcantara
http://www.hotelalcantara.net
C/ Ximenez de Enciso, 28
34 954 50 05 95
€78/night (2008 price for a double with breakfast)

A great hotel in Granada:

Hesperia Granada
http://www.hesperia.com/hotels/Hesperia-Granada/
Plaza Gamboa s/n 18009 Granada
34 958 018 400
€85.60/night (2008 price for a double)

Posted by
9 posts

Virginia,

This past May we stayed at the following hotels. All were under 75 Euros, and I highly recommend them. Madrid - Hostal Gonzales. Great location and value. The rooms are bright and very clean. Javier and his brother are wonderful. Seville - Hotel Zaida quiet and good value. Free internet in lobby. Granada - Hotel Plaza Nueva. Very central. Modern rooms for 74 Euros.

Posted by
811 posts

Hi Virginia,

This past March we stayed at the following hotels in Sevilla and Granada, both highly recommended:

Sevilla
YH Giralda Hotel Loved the location (in the heart of Santa Cruz, less than five minutes from the cathedral, etc.), and we paid €57/night for a double without breakfast (lots of great restaurant choices in the area).

Granada
Hotel Anacapri Again, loved the location near Plaza Nueva and cathedral, we paid €80/night for a double WITH breakfast.

Both hotels were quiet, clean, and what I consider to be "quaint"!

Posted by
435 posts

I stayed in Hostal Cervantes in Madrid for 50 - 55 euro a night for a double. http://www.hostal-cervantes.com The location was fantastic and super close to the major art museums. It's clean and basic and the manager gave us a coupon for a simple breakfast in the cafe across the street.

Have a great trip!

Posted by
269 posts

Last summer, we stayed in Triana Backpackers Hostel, which is in the beautiful artists' district of Sevilla. I would highly recommend it. The prices were quite reasonable, plus they offered inexpensive (approx. 10 euros each) tapas tours.

http://www.trianabackpackers.com/Web.html

Posted by
655 posts

We have stayed at Hotel La Musica. Nice folks there - you might ask them for ideas for the second night. There are several hotels very near to them. We thought that their location was excellent although hard to reach driving.

In Granada we liked: Carmen de la Alcubilla del Carcol which is located just at the bottom of the hill of the Alhambra. That said, it is isolated and quiet there with a beautiful view out over the city.

Posted by
2745 posts

We did the Hotel Europa in Madrid and I really liked it.

Sorry another poster had a bad expereince but overall the reviews are positive and it's hard to hold a hotel responsible for activities on a public street.....

Posted by
6788 posts

I second the recommendation for Hotel Anacapri in Granada. Great place, great location, great room, staff was incredibly helpful - I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Posted by
124 posts

The RS Spain and Portugal tour this past July stayed at Hotel Europa in Madrid - my room was on the street side, just make sure to have earplugs to cover up the noise if you're there during the weekend. The hotel is very handy to the Sol Metro stop and restaurants and shops.

We also stayed at Hotel Anacapri in Granada and Hotel Alcantara in Sevilla - both great hotels in fantastic locations. Enjoy and happy travels :)