Please sign in to post.

Madrid Hotel

Hello, I'm looking for a hotel for the coming trip to Madrid early next year. Now I've picked either Hotel Regina or Hotel Meninas which both near around the city centre of Madrid. Would like to know any comments on these two hotels or any suggestions on other hotels for staying in Madrid? Thanks very much!

Posted by
83 posts

We stayed at the Hotel Regina for four nights recently. I seem to remember it being a little pricey, but everything else was first rate. The rooms are descent. The front-desk staff were kind, very helpful and most spoke enough English to answer any questions we had. The breakfast buffet was substantial to say the least - highly recommend that for the price. The hotel is just up the hill from Puerta del Sol, so it's centrally located.

Posted by
108 posts

We stayed at Hotel Europa. Excellent location right on Puerta del Sol. Has a great sidewalk cafe and an indoor restaurant. www.hoteleuropa.net. Short walk to Plaza Mayor and in walking distance to the Royal Palace. Ashley

Posted by
23268 posts

We have stayed at Hotel Europa four times. We like the street facing rooms with the French balconies BUT they can be a little noisy if you do not adopt the Madrid time schedule.