Please sign in to post.

Madrid Airport to Train Station

Hi all,

I have another Madrid travel related question. It looks like I may go straight to Toledo after flying into Madrid (coming back to Madrid later in the trip). What would be a good way to get from Barajas airport to the Atocha train station? Would it make sense to take the airport bus to Avda. de Americas and then a taxi to Atocha Renfe? Is there a way to take the Metro to Atocha without transferring an insane amount of times? or is there some other option I am not thinking about?

Thanks!!

Liz

Posted by
15 posts

Taking a taxi might be the easiest qay to get there, it will DEFINATELY be the most expensive - probably about 20-25 euros for the taxi. i'd recommend the metro. you'd have to transfer twice. take line 8 (pink, towards Nuevos Ministerios) from the airport (you can get on in either T4 or T1-2-3 (joint station for the 3 terminals). take that until the end of the line at Nuevos Ministerios. At Nuevos Ministerios, change to line 10 (dark blue, towards Puerta del Sur) until Tribunal. There you'll change to line 1 (light blue, towards Valdecarros) and get off at the Atocha Renfe station. Don't get confused, the station just before the one you want is called Atocha. Wait for Atocha Renfe. In Spain, if you are ever looking for signs to a train station, or on a map key, look for "Renfe." Taxi and Metro are the best options, i dont recommend the bus system. here's a good map of the metro system. google "madrid metro" for a good map of the system for reference, or they're free in any station.