Please sign in to post.

Luxembourg

When driving through Luxembourg,when leaving France to enter Germany do you need to purchase any special type of decal or anything else that needs to be done such as when you cross Austria on the way to Italy?

Posted by
2779 posts

No, fortunately Luxembourg and Germany don't do those things (yet).

Posted by
10 posts

Motorways (expressways) are free in Luxembourg. In other words, you won't have to buy a vignette or a sticker at the border. However, I would definitely recommend that you fill up your tank before leaving Luxembourg as gas is still much cheaper than in France or Germany.

Posted by
78 posts

Thanks to everyone for the information. I'll definitely fill up before I leave Luxembourg.

Posted by
10 posts

Dear Nancy, for your information, there are only 2 fuel stations on the short Luxembourg motorway when driving to Germany: in BERCHEM (a few miles after entering Luxembourg from France) and in WASSERBILLIG (just before the German border, if you travel thru Trier). The price difference is about 0.3 euro per liter. You are certainly aware that there are toll booths on the French autoroutes. However, the Toul/Nancy/Metz/Thionville section (autoroute leading to the border with Luxembourg) is actually free. Have a nice trip!