Please sign in to post.

Luxembourg

I would like some recommendations for seeing this country/city. There is nothing posted but I am confident that many of you have some suggestions on what to do and where to stay. Happy Trails!!!!!

Posted by
12040 posts

I wouldn't call Luxembourg City boring, exactly, but you can adequately explore it in a few hours. The main "site" is the unique layout of the city itself. It sort of spills over a cliff and into a ravine. The remains of the ramparts are a World Heiritage site. Other than that, clean and pleasant in a Northern European Germanic sort of fashion, lively enough (probably a great place to live), but nothing that much different from many other cities of similar size.

Posted by
6788 posts

Luxembourg is GREAT (shhhhhh!). I've been there twice and loved it. The capital is pleasant and scenic but doesn't feel like one of the great cities of Europe because it's not. It's an OK city, you can see all the sights in half a day. OTOH, I love the north and could spend a week there. Check out Vianden - great castle, cute town, no crowds of annoying tourists.

Don't tell anyone!

Posted by
5 posts

Thanks kids. We've decided to go in the other direction and check out the coast of Belgium.