Please sign in to post.

Long term rental in France

We are planning to spend a couple of months in France in 2012 and would like to rent a small house or apartment (furnished) for a month in a couple of different places. This would be April/May. We want to be in a small town or village but close to a larger city. I like the Valence-Nimes corridor for the first month and then perhaps the Burgundy region for May.
All the usual vacation rental sites and VRBO have very little that is near big cities. Any suggestions?

Posted by
3635 posts

Check the Gites de France website. Lots of the listings have self-catering units. Another good source is specialplacestostay.com. If you go to the website, you can click on map, then France, then zero in on the areas that interest you. The listings are color-coded on the map to show whether they are lodgings only or self-catering apartments and houses.

Posted by
355 posts

Too funny! I think Rosalyn and I were typing our replies at the same time...

Posted by
6713 posts

We've done well with homeaway.com. Don't know about your specific areas though.

Posted by
249 posts

If Dijon is large enough city, check out http://www.experienceburgundy.com in Semur-en-Auxois. We're staying there for a week in June 2012. I found it thru VRBO; they've been great to work with in prep for the trip.

Posted by
33520 posts

You're talking about a couple of months, so probably not applicable, but - = - I'll just mention the compulsory warning - if using the visa waiver program, you must not exceed 90 days in any 180 within the Schengen Zone.