Please sign in to post.

Lodging in Barcelona

My family (husband and daughters age 23, 20 and 17) will be in Barcelona in late June. I am trying to finalize our lodging, and could use some advice. We are trying to spend no more than $200US per night (my husband would like to spend less1). The Hotel Regina and Catalones Catedral have been recommended to us, but they are at the top of our price range. We are also looking at apartments. We are focusing on staying in Barrio Gotico. Is anyone familiar with Music I, III, V Apartments? Any other recommendations of nice hotels in that area, not quite as pricey as those I've listed? Thank you so much!

Posted by
7 posts

Thanks Steve, I am familiar with VRBO. I will check that out as well as the other site you mentioned. We are traveling with my brother and his wife who are staying at the Mandarin Oriental, so we are trying to remain reasonably close to them. I appreciate your feedback!

Posted by
931 posts

Nancy, an apt is best, if you are staying long enough to meet the min requirement, which varies by owner, etc. When we are staying in apt in the EU we usually rent thru VRBO.com and Homelidays.com. We have had great luck with these two rental outfits. Go to their websites and scan their offerings in that area. Pay attention to the area (noise!), and floor (many steps!) It is always nice to find one with great traveler reviews. You may want to look at other areas (Xiample, etc.)
Enlarging the pool will help to find one in your price range. The Metro can wisk you anywhere. Good Luck!