Please sign in to post.

lodging

Want recommendations for lodging in good Paris places for two senior people age 68 and 72. Desire only accommodations with private toilet/bath amenities and at reasonable cost. We plan to stay 4 nights in Paris. Please respond. Thanks. Stan
Ririe, Idaho

Posted by
922 posts

Stan, at last check Booking.com (a very reputable hotel booking service for European hotels) listed over 1200 hotels in 'Paris, France'. There are 20 arrondissements (districts), each with their own unique characteristics and proximity to various places you may be wanting to visit. If you could narrow your question to a locale, the sites you are particularly interested in visiting, whether you are able to walk a lot or use the Métro or taxis, more specifically the type of accommodation, price range, type of amenities, etc., it would be much easier for the volunteers here to offer you reasonable and useful suggestions. Otherwise, people may only suggest their favorite hotels, but they may not be right for your needs.

Posted by
11507 posts

Stanley, saying "reasonable cost" is vague.. but I will offer a few hotels I have stayed at and recommend for being central ( you could walk to many sites) clean, have elevators ( never underestimate how important that is after a long day touring ) . Hotel Diana- this cost us about 100 euros a night last summer. Room was clean and modern, location great, on a fairly quiet street but close to busy fun Latin Quarter area and close to river, best of both worlds. Hotel Eugenie- hundred or so yards from river and from bridge with awesome view of notre dame. Small clean rooms, get room with shower only ( bathroom is better then the tub /shower combo) mini fridge in room , great for stashing some snacks. Hotel St Pierre, - this place is a awesome deal, but rooms are very small. Great location, just off the busy main street of Boulevard St Michel, but off on a small quiet side street, only a block from shops, musuems ( Cluny) etc.. love it as a budget pick. Hotel Place de la Louvre, love this place have stayed three times, not cheapest option, ranges about 120-160 a night( they offer summer specials but rates are higher September) , but love the location, its right bank but only block from river, and only a half block from Louvre, you are on a quiet street , but can see the Louvre from the doorway. They name the rooms after artists, I have stayed in the "Klee room" twice, love the big built in walk in shower.. no view though( other rooms have views but I never pay for view rooms as i would rather save money) They have "duplex " rooms, I dont like them as the bathroom is up steep stairs, so just stick to the standard rooms.

Posted by
922 posts

Stanley wrote the following to me by PM in response to my reply above. In addition to the good suggestions from Pat, perhaps this additional information will help other frequent visitors to Paris to offer suggestions that might work well for Stanley's travel party. (I travel to Paris mostly solo and stay in accommodations that are above the specified star and price range, so my suggestions would not be appropriate.) Thanks, Rose. I don't know Paris well enough to pick a district. Would like to find a hotel for 4 nights at the 2 or 3 star level. I don't mind walking quite a bit and would be willing to use the metro and/or bus systems. Would like to pay from $150 to $200 per night for two of us (68 and 72 yrs old).