Please sign in to post.

Lisbon/Spain Hotels!?! SOS!

Hello!! My boyfriend and I are traveling to Lisbon then planning on continuing onto Madrid and possibly Granada then to Barcelona. He was there after college (12+years ago!) and I have never been. What I'd love help with is knowing what areas in these cities are centrally located? Trying to be cost effective and would rather walk and explore then hop in a cab? We are leaving for Lisbon on June 27th and I still have no hotel booked!!! Ahh!!! :) Thanks!

Posted by
1512 posts

Check Residencial Florescente on booking.com. We have stayed there several times. You could bus or taxi from the airport and the hotel is in walking distance to many sights, and the metro, train, bus, electric tram, restaurants,and the sea.

Posted by
175 posts

We stayed at Hotel Mundial in Lisbon which was nice. It is a large business type hotel that is frequented by tour groups but since you are looking for a room for a date that is fast approaching this should suit your needs. It is centrally located, clean and modern.

Posted by
15598 posts

Hotel Europa in Madrid (Rick Steves tours use it too) was great - walking distance to the Thyssen and Prado museums, right next to the HOHO bus stop (and city buses), and a metro & train station. I found a little gem of a place in Granada, Hostel/Pension Rodri. I walked everywhere from there (except the Alhambra). In both hotels, the staff were super-helpful and knowledgeable.

Posted by
117 posts

Rachel, I also stayed at Residencial Florescente and loved its location and prices and comp. breakfast. It is actually located on restaurant row with a fado club and concert hall located on that block. I was also a frequent user of the TI office just a block down the street. I am concerned that your trip is so close and the hotel maybe fully booked on the dates you need in June.

Posted by
1512 posts

Forgot to mention that Hotel Florescente is in Lisbon.