Please sign in to post.

Lausanne or Montreux ??

I simply cannot decide whether to stay in Lausanne and take a boat to Montreux or visa versa. We have 2 nights between Bern and Murren....any advise? We will miss the Jazz festival completely

Posted by
258 posts

It's a personal choice and totally subjective, of course, but I loved Montreux. Very pretty, picturesque, enjoyable, etc. Especially after spending time in Zurich and then the Bernese Oberland (for all of the amazing alpine/mountain experiences, etc.), Montreux was such a pleasent change. Has a mediterranean feeling, the water-front area is beautiful and the food was excellent. You can't go wrong w/ either, but, again, I just loved Montreux. I don't think you need a TON of time there, but you'll certainly enjoy this very pretty city for 1 or 2 nights. Curous to see what others here have to say......

Posted by
3551 posts

There is alot more to do in Lausanne than Montreux. The paddlewheel ride over is terrific as it is scenic and an antique ship that is beautifully restored. the castle is a nice visit also. But other than that strolling around is about it. train it back to Lausanne for a little variety.

Posted by
588 posts

Montreaux -- I love it. I too would take the train one way for a scenic variety.