Please sign in to post.

Itinerary help

I planning a trip to Europe with my Dad and brother in June 2010. We are going to have about 15-16 days total and we will be starting in Copenhagen for a few days for family research. We've been talking about Germany, Halstatt in Austria, Switzerland, and possibly Amsterdam. Is that too much? We don't want to stay less than 2 nights in one place and we are even considering an overnight train trip if needed. Any suggestions out there?

Posted by
111 posts

Of all of the major European cities I have visited, Amsterdam is my favorite. Aside from the red light district the city is just amazing. English speaking friendly and easy to get around.
I'd travel Amsterdam to Bruge then all night train to Munich. Southern Bavaria is unreal. Visit travel forums like this one and folks will bury you with suggestions.

Posted by
7 posts

Didn't really think about short plane flights, thanks for the tip. That could help keep the train pass cost down, right?

Posted by
3258 posts

You can check discount flight options at www.whichbudget.com

I think that I'd narrow your trip down to about 4 destinations. What about Copenhagen, Berlin, Amsterdam, and one other?