Please sign in to post.

iPad and I phone

Do I need a converter for 110 in France and Germany for my devices? I have the proper plugs but do not have a 110 to 220 converter. Thanks, Jennie

Posted by
9110 posts

The two devices in the header only need a plug adapter.

Posted by
32227 posts

jennie, As Ed mentioned, you'll only need inexpensive Plug Adaptors to use both devices in the countries you're visiting. However, you can verify that by checking the Chargers for both devices, looking for the words "Input Voltage". These should state "Input 100-240 VAC ~50/60 Hz". The two-pin Euro (Schuko) style Plug Adaptor is the one to use. I'd suggest packing at least two as they're easy to misplace. One other point of concern is using an iPhone in Europe. If your phone has the capability of working on GSM networks, you'll still have to be VERY careful with data roaming charges as they can be horrendously expensive. Are you planning to roam with your home network? Happy travels!