Please sign in to post.

International Driving Permit

I will be driving through Germany, Austria, and the Czech Republic. Am I required to carry an international driving permit? Also, is the Romantic Road easy to access from Frankfurt Airport.

Thank You!

Posted by
54 posts

Yes you should have one it will make it easier if you get stopped. Go to you local AAA and the will do it i think cost a round 10 plus pictures.

The romantic road well it depends where you want to start?
Wurzburg or farther down germany has a superp highways systems and it easy to find your way aorund We just did the romantische strasse 2 years ago.

Austria you need to buy a Pass before you drive there and i think in Czech you will need one know also. ASk at AAA.
If you rent a car make sure that you tell them you are taking a car into Czech R make sur eyou have ALL you paperwork and have cash on hand because when you get stopped you will need to pay right then and there, dont argue just pay.

Posted by
934 posts

A International DL is like life insurance.You wont need it now but nice to have.Ive never had mine requested but a carry it always.If driving to Munich from Frankfurt I would suggest the fast road Frankfurt to Rothenburg,Staythe night(take watchmans tour) then drive the romantic road to Southern Bavaria