Please sign in to post.

How to Get Alhambra Tickets

We've tried the tickemaster.es site several times to no avail. Our hotel won't get them for us (though I saw several other hotels offer this service.) So, short of cancelling our reservations and finding another hotelier who will get our tickets, any ideas on how to get tickets to see the Alhambra?
THANKS!

Posted by
2393 posts

You might try phoning Purchase of tickets: At any La Caixa Bank ATM At the Tienda de la Alhambra (Alhambra Shop) on Calle Reyes Católicos nº 40, in Granada. By telephone: Phone in Spain: 902 88 80 01/ Phone Abroad: (34) 93 4923750.
By Internet: www.ticketmaster.es. Important: The purchase does not finished until the reservation number is obtained.

Posted by
59 posts

The ticketmaster site doesn't work. We feel it's necessary to purchase in advance. Not take a chance on finding it sold out when we get there. May have to bite the bullet and try phoning although I've heard that is difficult, also. Usually busy and hard to understand when connected.

Posted by
16470 posts

What happens when you try the Ticketmaster site? I just went though a dummy booking for 18 April all the way to the payment page with no problems. It is slow; you have to wait for each page to load. did it not accept your credit card? If that is the problem, did you call your bank first to advise you would be making a foreign purchase? If not, they might have rejected it.

Posted by
59 posts

We got a variety of error messages. The main one was that a surname had to be given, which of course, we had already input. On one of Rick's posts, he mentions that the ticket master site doesn't work.

Posted by
16470 posts

That must be a new issue. I had no trouble getting tickets on the website two years ago when we went. So you enter all the information and then get the error message about the surname? You might try again tomorrow earlier in the day, when it is not after midnight in Spain.

Posted by
59 posts

My hubby is on the phone now with Ticketmaster trying to see if anything can be done:)

Posted by
31 posts

We bought tickets 2 weeks ago on the Alhambra site. We repeatedly got bazaar messages that made no sense. Eventually,I tried another credit card (after calling customer service for both cards)and then it worked. It was a Capitol One that did not work.Spent several frustrating hours on a Sunday morning. I hope this helps you.

Posted by
59 posts

Pamela, maybe it was our credit cards, but we tried two different ones. Ticketmaster was useless, so my hubby just got our tickets by going through the Granada City Pass site. http://www.granadatur.com/en/uplevel-menu/granada-card/ Someone else will likely post a less expensive alternative now that we went this route, but we were getting scared cause some days in our time frame are already showing sold out. Thanks to everyone for your input!